Monday, May 2, 2011

Epcot Center, DisneyWorld

As much as Harry Potter geeks, we are Disney geeks. To have a trip to Orlando and not see DisneyWorld would have been heartbreaking. Robyn Needham to the rescue. Just out of the blue she mentioned she had some unused tickets that would expire at the end of may, and would we be interested? Unbelievable! She even had food coupons!!! So plans went into motion on when and how we would do Disney. Becca had never been to DisneyWorld so I was extra thrilled to be able to give her that opportunity.

I had been when my first three kids were little but I had forgotten how massive the property is. You could NEVER walk there from a hotel like you can with DisneyLand. I spent more time driving on the Disney property to the parks than I did from the hotel to the property itself. So impressive. We went first to the Animal Park which has been a dream of mine, but they were CLOSED. I should have known something was up when the sign on the parking building said "Continue to parking" without charging. I mean, when would Disney not charge for parking? So, we went on to Epcot. You would think that I would feel disappointed that I didn't get to do the Safari that was on my bucket list, but I was too excited to be at Disney to feel let down. When we walked into Epcot the smells were amazing. HGTV was doing a gardening festival and topiary's of the characters were everywhere and the flowers were abundant, spectacular and more fragrant than I can describe. We wandered from one adorable character to another, amazed that they could do that with plants. It was enough just to be there to see that! But we also enjoyed the rides, the hats, the people watching, and, thanks to Robyn, a fabulous meal. We even got to see Paul Revere and the Raiders in concert! Becca's new medication causes her to tire quickly (we've gotta get her some new stuff) so we left, just before the fireworks. Quite a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment